Brand Hotline:400-6699-350

Growth slowed down, new energy vehicle sales growth

release date:2019-08-26 viewed:418


China association of automobile manufacturers (caam) recently released the promotion and operation of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure nationwide in October 2018. The growth rate of charging piles slowed down, and sales of new energy vehicles continued to grow.


In terms of

1. Operation of public charging infrastructure

Slow growth of public charging infrastructure: by September 2018, members of the alliance had reported a total of 285,000 public charging piles, including 183,000 ac charging piles, 101,000 dc charging piles and 101,000 ac-dc integrated charging piles.

From November 2017 to October 2018, about 7,504 public charging piles were added on average every month, with a year-on-year increase of 46.3% in October 2018. From January 2016 to April 2018, an average of 7,600 public charging infrastructure units were added per month. After April 2018, an average of 3,760 public charging infrastructure units were added per month.


2. Provincial, district and municipal operation of public charging infrastructure

The public charging infrastructure construction area is relatively concentrated: Beijing, Shanghai, guangdong and other regions with accelerated development account for 77.1% of the public charging infrastructure construction. Demonstration and promotion areas and active promotion areas accounted for 22.9%.

Public charging infrastructure charge capacity concentration is higher, the charge capacity is concentrated in guangdong, shanxi, jiangsu, Beijing, fujian, hubei, sichuan, shandong, henan, shanxi, hunan, Shanghai, zhejiang, and the power flow are mainly composed of buses, passenger cars share the same high, taxis, sanitation logistics vehicles and other types of vehicles are small; The national total electric charge is about 240 million kWh, which is 0.8 million kWh less than last month.


3. Operation of public charging infrastructure operators

Public charging infrastructure operators high concentration: as of October 2018, 285000 public charging infrastructure, telephone operating 118000 units, 50000 sets of 57000 sets of its operation, the stars charging operation, China putian operating 14000, saic bio operating 13000 units, the five operators accounts for 88.6% of the total, the rest of the operators accounts for 11.4% of the total.


4. Data operation of charging facilities built by vehicle enterprises

The reasons for not building charging facilities with the vehicle are relatively concentrated: by October 2018, the vehicle pile information of about 573,000 vehicles was sampled through the member vehicle enterprises of the alliance, among which 171,000 charging facilities were not built with the vehicle, with an overall rate of 29.9%. The three factors of group users' self-built piles, uncooperative residential property and no fixed parking space are the main reasons for not building charging facilities with vehicles, accounting for 75.2% and 24.8% respectively.

New energy vehicles

China's auto sales reached a historic turning point in the third quarter: after nearly a decade of solid growth, sales of fuel-powered vehicles posted their worst quarterly year-on-year decline, while sales of new-energy passenger vehicles set a new record.

By September 2018, the cumulative sales volume of China's new energy passenger vehicles reached 628,000. In September alone, China's new-energy passenger vehicles accounted for 5.2 percent of all passenger vehicle sales. In the third quarter of 2018, sales of passenger fuel vehicles in China dropped 10 percent year-on-year.

Sales of fuel-powered vehicles in China fell for three consecutive months in the third quarter from a year earlier, and the trend is accelerating: sales fell about 7 per cent in July and August respectively, and 14 per cent in September. Sales of fuel-powered vehicles for the entire third quarter were only 5.2 million units, down 10 percent from a year earlier.

Meanwhile, electric vehicle sales in China reached a new peak in the third quarter. Sales of electric vehicles in China rose 68 per cent year-on-year to 271,000 in the third quarter, despite a subsidy transition that ended in June. Electric cars accounted for 5.2 percent of all passenger vehicle sales in September alone. At the end of the third quarter, EV sales reached 628,000 units, nearly doubling from a year earlier.